- Aug 2016-Jan 2017: CFHT tracks 15B discoveries of S and D blocks
All survey observations have been acquired by the Canada France Hawaii Telescope and are stored and processed using the Canadian Advanced Network For Astronomical Research. For additional public information is available from our public web site
The Teams will receive the object list for each semester's discoveries as a summary table of internal designations with orbital elements and uncertainties. At release, a typical object will have a semimajor axis uncertainty of 0.1-1%. Dynamical classification using the SSBN 2008 classification will be provided. Core will also provide access to the full astrometry and the imaging data for each detection.
Some topic teams will then wish to propose observations to other telescopes for next-semester studies of the sample; this will likely be the only time when the topic teams have a proposal advantage over the world. At the time of proposal, the ephemerides of most objects will be good to +/- < 30"; the half-year-later CFHT recovery of all objects will have dropped these uncertainties to a few arcseconds by the time P.I.-led exploitation observations occur.
- Data releases (access restricted to collaboration only)
We aim to submit all observations of a given semester to the MPC 6 months after the end of the semester, except for the first semester (2013), which was delayed longer. This gives observers on quarterly systems a chance to propose for telescope deadlines a cycle later with no competition. It also gives the theory teams 5 months to work before the world sees the MPC release. Recovery observations will be sent as a batch to the MPC with the same time delay.
CFHT imaging becomes public a year after the end of each semester, e.g. on August 1, 2016, the 2015A CFHT imaging becomes public to the world.
The principle contact for each team member should be their topic team's leader.
Team leaders can contact the Core.
- CFHT image acquisition, moving object detection, orbit linkage, characterisation. (Teleconference minutes)
- - Classical Belt, structure and SDF
- H-mag distributions, dependence on class. ABSORBED INTO CORE: Petit as leader.
- Objects slower than OSSOS rate cut) + non-moving object variation (eg. variable stars). Leader: L. Jones.
- mutual orbits, separation, colours. Leader: K. Noll.
- Cometary Activity
- Search for coma. Leader: P. Rousselot.
- Light curves
- Time variable TNOs, phase curves. Leader: M. Schwamb.
- Predictions, observing campaigns. Leader: W. Fraser.
- Resonant Populations
- relative populations, libration amplitude distributions. Leader: R. Murray-Clay
- Centaurs, Scattering Disk, Oort cloud connection. Leader: N. Kaib
- Colours, NIR spectra. Leader: A. Delsanti.
SUSPENDED OR MERGED OR DEFUNCT OR INCOMPLETE
- Nearby objects
- Search for and tracking of objects moving faster than OSSOS cuts (roughly, inside 8 AU). SUSPENDED.
- Thermal Modeling
- Thermal evolution of objects. Leader: A. Guilbert ALL FUNCTIONS MERGED INTO SURFACES
- Jovian Trojans
- Proposed Leader: F. Yoshida. Work tasks and worker list never finalized. Does not yet formally exists.
click on title above for a public information page.
- Publications and Proposals (where team members log papers, proposals, and talks)
- ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS needed for OSSOS collaboration papers.
- Survey and Team logos for use in presentations etc (high-res PNGs).
- The font is (free!) Sofia Pro Light. Download it here.
Observations are ongoing! Check the Survey Overview for our progress in getting & processing photons.
Figures for presentations etc.
- April 2013 preliminary field layout plot (here for reference. As in the proposal; varied very slightly from the observed location)
- April 2013 observed plot - as the O and E fields have oppositions a month apart, the E field is shown at its 9 April moon-dark location, and the O field at its 8 May moon-dark location. The known TNOs plotted are for new moon, May 9.
- 13AE discoveries plot - all positions for 9 April 2013
- October 2013 field layout plot. The field positions and known TNO locations at October 2013 new moon (4 October).
- June 6/2012: OSSOS was number 1 ranked CFHT Large program. 560hr awarded.
- Oct 6/2013: Second OSSOS team meeting, at 2013 DPS meeting in Denver.
- June 25-27 2014: OSSOS team workshop in Beaune, France. Meeting Website
- Nov 2014: Third OSSOS team meeting, 2014 DPS in Tucson.
- Nov 2015: Fourth OSSOS team meeting, 2015 DPS in Washington DC.
- Oct 2016: Fifth OSSOS team meeting just before 2016 DPS/EPSC in Pasedena
- Jan 31/2017: End of 4-year CFHT OSSOS LP allocation
Consult the User's Guide for information on using the wiki software.